Dr. Tania Diener
Tania Diener was born in South Africa where she obtained the following degrees:
- Baccalaureate in Medicine and Surgery (MB,ChB)
- MMed (Community Health) – fellowship equivalency
- Masters in Public Administration (MPA)
She emigrated with her family to Regina, Saskatchewan in 1997 taking up the position of Deputy Medical Health Officer. Since 1999 she is in the position of Medical Health Officer for the Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region.
She is particularly interested in Travel Medicine and obtained the following additional qualifications in that regard:
• Travel Body of Knowledge Certification through the International Society of Travel Medicine in 2003
• Diploma in Travel Medicine through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPS(Glasg))in 2007 – currently being a Member of the Faculty of Travel Medicine – MFTM RCPS (Glasg)
Other interests include the areas of immunization (more specifically vaccine hesitancy, high risk populations, etc) and the determinants of well-being (such as income, education, culture, etc).